January 9, 2016
Venue; Thackley AFC
Date; Thursday 7th April 9:00-3pm
Who will take the course? The content will be delivered by coaches from the West Riding County FA
This course provides a basic introduction to leadership skills required when involved in football.
We will also provide each candidate with ongoing opportunities to assist our qualified coaches in sessions with our younger age groups u6-u9’s
The course will primarily introduce 4 areas:
- Assisting football activity sessions
- Introduction to refereeing
- Helping with a team
- Different Football Events
In addition to these areas, Respect, promoting the game and developing the game will be embedded during the guided learning hours.
Who should apply?
This qualification is aimed at young people aged at least 12 who are looking for an introduction to leadership skills that may be used within the game and beyond.
What will I learn?
The course will cover:
- How to get involved in football
- Getting involved and helping those involved to ‘get better’
- Creating a safe learning environment
- Organising games
- Introduction to the basics of ‘FUNdamentals’
- Preparing to referee
- Whistle techniques and and introduction to ‘Ball In, Ball Out’
- Safety of the players and re-starts to the game
- Preparing for the game
- Warm-up prior to the game
- Organising and managing player’s expectations
- An introduction to three different formats of competition
- Using these in a practical setting
How long will it take?
The course will last 6 hours and then there is a requirement for 4 hours of additional voluntary work.
If interested please contact Mat Everett – email@example.com
You must be on the register and have filled in a medical form prior to the day.